We will help you with your requirements for silencing equipment. Most common application that we handle is for blow off or start-up of steam or other gases, but we can also provide silencers for ventilation ducts , chimneys, gas turbines, fans, compressors, steam turbines and many other types of applications.
Blow off and start-up silencers
When releasing high pressure gases to atmosphere, a large amount of cinetic energy is freed due to the pressure difference. The pressure difference causes a dramatic increase in velocity which results in high sound emissions which need to be reduced.
The emissions can very simply be decreased by means of our well proven solutions with multi-stage silencers. First stage is the inlet pipe itself, second stage is the expansion unit and if required (most common) a final step with absorption silencing is applied. Our expert knowledge base and knowhow is in the expansion unit, where the gas volume is allowed to expand in stages inside down to atmospheric pressure. Depending on its design a sound reduction of up to 70 dB(A) can be achieved at best.
All of our silencers are custom built to the specific application requirements.
To design the best silencer fit for your application we need the following information:
- Sound level requirement, incl confirmed distance and direction (angle) to the measuring point
- Gas flow (kg/h, incl. possible variations min/design/max)
- Gas composition
- Temperature and pressure before valve
- Temperature and pressure before silencer (if unsure, we will ask you some simple follow up questions to help calculate this)
- Possible deviating / off-set operation points (such as special pipe design requirements, if any)
- Dimension of the incoming piping
- Type of required connection (welded in place or flange connection)
- Possible material preferences